I have always been intrigued with teeth and wanted to work in a dental environment. I started off as a dental assistant, and just knew that I had to be a hygienist. I love getting to work with people and helping them achieve a good oral health.
I help patients feel comfortable and at ease before, during and after the procedures by being very through in my explanation of the treatment. I am professional and courteous during the entire visit. Building positive rapport with my patients is important aspect of my care which I accomplish by:
- Listening to their concerns and address them
- Providing honest feedback about their home care, encourage positive habits, and praise them for good habits and improvements.
- Paying attention to information that they share with me about their families, hobbies, etc.
- Always make their appointments pleasant, and ensure that I give a very thorough cleaning.
- Educating patients on proper dental care through:
- Verbal communication and demonstration through material/charts/pictures
I currently have the certifications in RDH License, local anesthesia and nitrous oxide administration, Biolase, and BLS.
When I’m not in the office, some of my hobbies are painting, reading, writing, running, hiking, cooking, and gardening. A fun fact about me is that I speak French, Creole and English.